Researchers & Research Assistants
The goal of Research Cluster CRC 1244 is to find answers within the realm of the
built environment to the pressing ecological and social issues of our time. The strategic integration of adaptive elements in load-bearing structures, envelope systems and interior fittings is considered a promising approach.
CRC 1244 has been investigating the fundamentals, the potential and implications of adaptive structures and envelopes for a sustainable built environment.
Your area of responsibility
• Elaboration of actuation strategies for load-bearing structures in high-rise buildings
• Elaboration and dimensioning of actuator systems
• Developing feasible solutions for actuator integration
• Collaboration in the planning and testing on a demonstrator high-rise
• Use of digital tools
• Cooperation in academic self-administration
• Collaboration in application of research projects
• Completed university studies (TU/TH/University)
• Excellent knowledge of structural engineering
• In-depth knowledge in the application and programming of analysis
software (ANSYS, Atena, Sofistik)
• Knowledge in the use of CAD programs (AutoCad, Rhino)
• Interest in the construction of building structures
• Experience in the design of load-bearing structures
• Organizational skills and communication skills
• Interest in interdisciplinary work
• Very good knowledge of English, very good knowledge of German
The remuneration falls in the group E-13, including social benefits of the public service. The position is to be filled from 01.03.2022 to 31.12.2024.
Also use our website for information: www.uni-stuttgart.de/ilek Please send your application under the keyword "SFB 1244 A06" to:
University of Stuttgart
Institute for Lightweight Structures and Conceptual Design Ms. Manuela Brueggeboes
Student Research Assistant 30h/m (HiWi) (start immediatedly)
We are looking for students wishing to become research assistants for our subproject A07 in the area of adaptive kinetic envelopes and structures.
• 3D modeling and rendering
• 3D printing and Prototyping
• Proficiency knowledge in 3D modelling, Rhino and Grasshopper
• Advanced knowledge of Vray or Enscape or Revit
• Creative ideas for photorealistic drawings
We are looking forward to your application with resume, portfolio and transcript of records under the keyword "SFB 1244 - A07_HiWi. Please send the documents to Maria Matheou.
We are looking for candidates to work for a minimum of two months until October 15, 2022. It is possible and desired to extend those two months.
Jun. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Maria Matheou
T +49 (0)711 685 61698
Institute for Lightweight Structures and Conceptual Design
In the context of the Collaborative Research Center 1244 "Adaptive Envelopes and Structures for the Built Environment of Tomorrow" we are looking for a Scientific Assistant with immediate effect. The working time is approximately 20 - 40 hours/month and can be flexibly arranged in consultation with the responsible staff member.
- Support configuration and maintenance of a database
- data storage and structuring
- Python, C++
contact: Sabrina Jilka | email@example.com
The job offer in PDF format [German language].